Friday, April 13, 2007

The Fuck?


So apparently DMX thinks it's 1995 again for some reason. In an interview with the Ventura County Star Newspaper, when asked what the difference was between East Coast and West Coast rappers, X's answer was "talent." He then went on to elaborate:

"You know, there's talented rappers everywhere, and one West Coast rapper who I like and respect is Game, because to me, he has a New York style. But I don't like a lot of West Coast rappers. West Coast rap is too laid back, too focused on marijuana with all the blunts and lowriders. There's nothing honest. There's no trouble in it, you know? There's no hardship in it. Everyone in L.A. that raps has a lowrider and a fat blunt. Back here in New York, we're still walkin' and still smokin' dirt, you know? There's no hardship in their rap, there's nothin' to make you say, 'I can relate to that.'"

Well, someone's already responded, of course. But damn, there are NYC heads still hung up on this shit? I thought all those bitter types were channeling this rage towards the south now, what the hell? I mean, ok granted, DMX is fucking nuts these days anyway, and nothing that comes out of his mouth should be taken seriously, but nonetheless. Is the West Coast even a threat now? I mean honestly, there are very few big records coming out of my homeland these days anyway, but I guess they're not as relatable as "Ballin'" or "This Is Why I'm Hot" 'cause, you know, in New York we're still smokin' dirt. (Funny to hear from someone who smokes rocks... ok, that was too easy, I know.)

2 comments:

Prof. Nazty Fresh said...

Ten dollars that he said that on an airplane.
Or in an airport.
He only breaks out that crazy ish when near planes.

Jason Kirk said...

yeah, but I can see him reacting like this to a question about ANYTHING. remember his flip-flops tirade? people stop asking x shit, he'll never complain again