Saturday, April 7, 2007

Yo, Man. Let's take it back to that old school, storytelling shit!

I know a lot of people aren't down with the whole grime scene, and it's all good. The things that make it "unique" or "interesting" to one can be reason to be entirely turned off to it for another.
And not that I'm real up on the genre, but I get hip to some Kano, Wiley and the whole Roll Deep Crew and Plan B.
And of course, Dizzee Rascal.
Now, hate him, love him or barely understand him, his new video "Sirens" is ill as hell. If you don't like the song, alright. But watch the video at least once, it'll do you some good.



I also wanted to get out my bit on Dizzee before the new UGK album comes out (once it stops getting pushed back) and the blogosphere starts like "Fix Up, Look Sharp" just came out.

3 comments:

Elijah said...

That is just about the most British thing that I've ever seen done to rap. (At least, that I've seen done in a way that fits.)

Nicholas said...

i linked you foolios in my similarly-themed blog. enjoy the love of the four readers i have that probably read yours anyway.

love,
p*sill

Noah said...

Looks as tho Terry Gilliam started directing music videos